If you don’t have a waffle maker, don’t worry! Just turn this recipe into delicious, protein-filled pancakes instead.
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 splash pure vanilla extract, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon, or to taste
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions. No waffle iron? Turn them into pancakes!
- Blend oats, cottage cheese, eggs, egg whites, honey, vanilla extract, and cinnamon in a blender until creamy.
- Ladle batter into preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer directions and cook the waffles until golden and crisp, about 5 minutes. Repeat until entire batch of batter is used.
Steven Tsaparikos, RDN, BS Dietetics
Hancock Wellness Center – New Palestine
SHARE THIS STORY, CHOOSE YOUR PLATFORM!
Looking for a Welcoming Gym Near You?
Joining a gym can feel intimidating. And forget about walking ...
Hancock Health Wellness Center Trainer Spotlight: Jonie Shidler
The trainers at our Hancock Health Wellness Centers are passionate ...
Our Favorite Hancock County Walking Trails
Going for a walk is one of the best ways ...