Thanks to Ashley, group exercise instructor at our McCordsville facility, for this great workout!
Who is ready for a military/boot camp style workout? Body weight, mat, water, and towel are the only items needed to complete this workout. Take water breaks as needed. This workout will raise the heart rate and allow for muscle fatigue.
- Squats – 4 sets of 50 reps
- Alternating Forward Lunges – 4 sets of 30 reps
- Sit Ups – 4 sets of maximum reps for 30 seconds
- Push Ups – 10 reps at a time until muscle failure (Alternative: Planks – holding for 30 seconds; 4x)
- Run – 1 mile
- Keep your core engaged, back flat, chest lifted, and shoulders relaxed
- Legs hip width apart
- Toes slightly turned out
- Back and down
- Knees do not go in front of the toes
- 90-degree angle
- Keep your core engaged, torso tight, chest lifted, and shoulders relaxed
- Bend your knees, lowering your body toward the floor
- Both legs should form 90-degree angles
Sit Up Form:
- Keep your feet on the floor
- Look straight ahead, keeping your chest lifted and shoulders relaxed
- Brace abs and raise your body up towards your knees
- Slowly lower back down to the floor
Push Up Form:
- Full Range of Motion – push down to the floor and up through activating you serratus anterior
- Flaring Elbows Wide – do not have the elbows flare to the sides; elbows should back and down so you feel pressure within your chest, not shoulders
- Keeping a Straight Spine – keep plank form
- Speed – going too fast decreases range of motion and form
- Proper Breathing – inhale down and exhale on the way up
Until next time,
SHARE THIS STORY, CHOOSE YOUR PLATFORM!
How Much Should You Be Walking Every Day?
Walking is a great form of exercise and is readily ...
McCordsville Health Hut for Pre- and Post-Workout Fuel
Many gyms and wellness centers have vending machines for their ...
Ready, Set, Stroll Now in Greenfield and McCordsville
Pregnancy and postpartum can feel like a confusing time. With ...