Have you jumped on the cauliflower rice bandwagon yet? If you haven’t tried it, you’ll love it with this honey teriyaki salmon!
Honey Teriyaki Salmon Rice Bowls
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (use tamari for gluten free)
- 6 tbsp mirin, Japanese sweet rice wine
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 lb salmon filet, cut in 4 pieces
- 12 oz asparagus, 1-inch pieces
- 4 cups raw or frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- sesame seeds, optional for garnish
- Combine the soy sauce, mirin, and honey in a resealable bag.
- Add the salmon and mix to coat. Refrigerate for 15-60 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Remove salmon, reserving the marinade.
- Toss asparagus with oil and season with salt. Transfer asparagus to a large sheet pan along with the salmon skin side down and cook until tender and cooked through, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the marinade in a small pot, bring to a boil, and simmer on low until thickened and reduced by half, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Spray a large skillet with oil. Cook the cauliflower rice in a skillet over medium-high heat until tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- To serve, divide the cauliflower rice, top with salmon and asparagus and drizzle with the glaze. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
Michelle Graves, RD, LD, CHWC
Hancock Wellness Center – McCordsville
SHARE THIS STORY, CHOOSE YOUR PLATFORM!
Looking for a Welcoming Gym Near You?
Joining a gym can feel intimidating. And forget about walking ...
Hancock Health Wellness Center Trainer Spotlight: Jonie Shidler
The trainers at our Hancock Health Wellness Centers are passionate ...
Our Favorite Hancock County Walking Trails
Going for a walk is one of the best ways ...