It’s easy to find ourselves snacking more than we typically would when we are at home for longer periods than we’re used to. Snacking can quickly set you back in your journey to better health if you don’t have healthy options ready to go.
Below are a few tips to help you stay on track:
- Have a plan. Think through your day and plan out your meal and snack times to avoid grazing all day.
- Be flexible. Whether you are home with your kids or working from home, being flexible can help you avoid unnecessary stress.
- Keep it simple. You don’t have to spend a lot time or energy in the kitchen to make healthy choices.
- Need something crunchy? These are a great go-to snack with minimal cost that you can flavor to your own taste preference. (https://www.skinnytaste.com/roasted-chickpea-snack-2-pts/)
- Need something sweet? These are quick and easy to make and can help curb that sweet tooth. Most of these ingredients you probably already have on hand. If you want to eliminate the added sugar altogether, you can make with dates instead. (https://www.blessthismessplease.com/8-no-bake-oatmeal-energy-balls/)
Nuts/Seeds (almonds, walnuts, pistachios, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.)
- Eat these plain or get creative and put together your own trail mix by adding your favorite dried fruit or dark chocolate chips
Veggies and Dip
- Bell pepper slices or cucumber slices and hummus
- Celery and peanut butter
- Carrot sticks, broccoli, and cauliflower in light ranch dressing
- Apples, oranges, bananas, berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.)
- Fruit and/or vegetable smoothies (can use any fresh or frozen fruit on hand). Check out www.simplegreensmoothies.com for lots of ideas.
- Yogurt parfaits (Greek yogurt & fresh berries – top with nuts, unsweetened cereal, graham crackers crumbles or granola)
Popcorn with a Twist
- Try our these unique popcorn seasonings (https://www.liveeatlearn.com/easy-homemade-popcorn-seasoning/)
SHARE THIS STORY, CHOOSE YOUR PLATFORM!
Looking for a Welcoming Gym Near You?
Joining a gym can feel intimidating. And forget about walking ...
Hancock Health Wellness Center Trainer Spotlight: Jonie Shidler
The trainers at our Hancock Health Wellness Centers are passionate ...
Our Favorite Hancock County Walking Trails
Going for a walk is one of the best ways ...