This recipe is chock-full of SUMMER! BBQ, pineapple, and shrimp….let us know what you think!
BBQ Pineapple Shrimp
- 12 oz thawed raw shrimp
- 8 oz fresh pineapple
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp oil or butter extra as needed
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp green onion optional
- rice or quinoa optional
- Clean and peel shrimp, defrosting if needed. Lately we’ve been buying frozen, deveined, easy-peel shrimp. All I have to do is defrost, peel, and cook! You can also buy your shrimp already peeled if you’d like!
- Pat shrimp dry and season with cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a large pan or skillet to medium-high heat with 1 TBSP of butter or oil and sauté your shrimp. Cook on each side for a minute until shrimp curl and become opaque. The cook time will depend on the heat setting you choose and the size of your shrimp, but regardless they’ll be perfectly cooked in a matter of minutes.
- Transfer shrimp to a plate and add a little oil to your pan. Add peppers and cook until tender, adding the pineapple towards the end.
- Next add your barbecue sauce (whatever spice level you like) and stir it up. Once it’s hot and bubbly in the pan, add your shrimp back in and mix it all together. Give shrimp an additional minute to warm back up with the sauce and get ready to dive in!
- Serve alone or over rice, fried rice, cauliflower rice, or quinoa!
Source: Peas and Crayons
SHARE THIS STORY, CHOOSE YOUR PLATFORM!
Looking for a Welcoming Gym Near You?
Joining a gym can feel intimidating. And forget about walking ...
Hancock Health Wellness Center Trainer Spotlight: Jonie Shidler
The trainers at our Hancock Health Wellness Centers are passionate ...
Our Favorite Hancock County Walking Trails
Going for a walk is one of the best ways ...